WWE Palm Springs, CA, live results: John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles
Submitted by Chance Treyger from the Palm Springs Convention Center
This is their first show here since July 2009. The entire crowd is on floor level with no risers due to the venue specs.
– Dolph Ziggler def. I-C Champion The Miz with Maryse in a non-title match. Miz cut a promo before the match, trashing the venue, saying he’s gonna show us what he’s gonna do to Dolph Ziggler at No Mercy. Maryse got ejected. Ziggler won via superkick.
– American Alpha & Hype Bros def. Vaudevillains and The Ascension after AA hit Grand Amplitude.
– Apollo Crews def. Curt Hawkins after hitting a spinout sitdown powerbomb. Crowd was dead, as very few cared for/knew Hawkins. Short match.
– Smackdown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch & Naomi def. Natalya, Alexa Bliss and Carmella. Lynch & Naomi won via submission as Lynch tapped Natalya with the Dis-arm-her.
– Baron Corbin def. Jack Swagger with a schoolboy pin
– Randy Orton def. Bray Wyatt after hitting an RKO
– Kane def. Tyler Breeze after hitting a chokeslam. Breeze wanted to take a “big red selfie” with Kane which led to the quick match and finish.
– Smackdown Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Rhyno def. The Usos. Usos attacked pre-match, but the champs won after Rhyno hit a gore.
– WWE Champion AJ Styles def. John Cena and Dean Ambrose in a three-way. Styles used a steel chair on Ambrose as he was gonna hit Dirty Deeds on Cena. He then low-blowed Cena for the pin.
Styles cut a promo afterwards threatening to take Cena out with the belt before the PPV. Ambrose hit Dirty Deeds on AJ. Cena and AJ had a tug of war with the title, but Cena let go, AJ fell down, and Cena hit AA after he charged him.