RESIST DAY #89: What You Can Do Today
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Senator Bernie Sanders, DNC Chair Tom Perez and other Democratic Party leaders will be traveling to nine “red” and “purple” states starting on April 17th. Along with local activists they are tentatively scheduled to hold rallies in Maine, Kentucky, Florida, Nebraska, Utah, Montana, Arizona and Nevada. The purpose of their trip is to begin the process of creating a Democratic Party which is strong and active in all 50 states, and a party which focuses on grassroots activism and the needs of working families.
- At a local forum, hold your representative or senator to account on issues from the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to the fight for universal healthcare to President Trump’s military escalation in Syria.
- Click here to find a town hall taking place near you.
- If your lawmakers are missing-in-action, find a creative way to highlight their absenteeism.
- Happy #TaxDay. Acquiring Trump’s taxes is crucial to understanding his financial conflicts of interest and entanglements with Russia. The GOP is practicing partisan politics over the interests of the American people by refusing to invoke tax law statue and release critical information to their constituents.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.