News On King Mo's TNA Debut, Sacrifice PPV Buyrate, Nese's Release & More
– According to early estimates, TNA’s recent Sacrifice PPV did around 8,000 to 9,000 buys. Sacrifice was the first PPV event that TNA posted on Youtube for purchase after it aired live, so they likely made some additional revenue from the online buys.
– To update the story of Anthony Nese being released from TNA, it was reportedly his decision to leave. Nese asked TNA for permission work a June 1st internet pay-per-view event for the PWS promotion in a tag team match against the legendary Great Muta. TNA turned down his request so he asked to be released so he could perform on the iPPV, which they granted.
– There is talk of using Douglas Williams as an agent for TNA live events or as a trainer at OVW.
– In anticipation of MMA fighter “King Mo” making his TNA debut this fall, TNA is having a custom throne built for his ring entrances. As previously reported, Mo has been seeking career advice from Sting and Hulk Hogan and will begin training at OVW this summer.
It’s expected King Mo will debut by November and his contract would see him working one Impact taping per month during the Bellator MMA fighting season.
* BIG Update Of RIC FLAIR Leaving TNA For WWE
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)