WM27 Gate, Snooki Done With Wrestling, Which Diva Is Getting Married & More
– Last night’s WWE Superstars broadcast was the final episode that will air on WGN America.
– Prior to her first WWE match at WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday, Jersey Shore star Snooki had been saying that she planned to become a full-time WWE diva when MTV’s Jersey Shore ended. On Tuesday, Snooki changed her tune – telling TMZ.com that her wrestling days were over.
It’s now come out that the reason for her change of heart is that Snooki and Jersey Shore co-star JWoww, who appeared for TNA Wrestling last year, are getting their own spin-off show on MTV. Snooki’s representatives have made it clear that there will be no more appearances for WWE in the near future.
– Sunday’s WrestleMania 27 from Atlanta’s Georgia Dome was the second highest live gate in WrestleMania history – bringing in $6.6 million for the company. This includes ticket and merchandise sales – not pay-per-view buyrates. WrestleMania 27 ranks second only behind WrestleMania 25 from Houston, Texas, which brought in a staggering $7.2 million live gate.
– Tammy “Sunny” Sytch wrote on Twitter this week that a current WWE diva was getting married soon a celebrity chef, but did not reveal who the lucky lady was. We’ve learned that the diva in question is none other than Gail Kim, who is marrying celebrity chef Robert Irvine. The engaged couple were at WrestleMania 27 weekend together and Irvine sat with Gail Kim at Saturday night’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
* WWE RELEASES Are Coming VERY Soon: Find Out Who Is At Risk!