*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Taping Results From Los Angeles (Airing 6/06)
WWE taped this week’s edition of SmackDown from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Special thanks to WrestlingNewsWorld.com Readers Carlos, Ron Diuguid, David Mayorga, Cameron Stelly, and Kodi for assisting us with tonight’s live coverage. If you are attending a live WWE event in the near future and would be interested in assisting us with live updates, please email me.
– I’m told by our correspondents that the Staples Center is approximately 98% full.
– A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown. Lots of “Wooooo” chants.
* MVP b. Jamie Noble after he connects with a running corner kick.
SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* The WWE Production Crew is currently changing the set from ECW to SmackDown.
* Lots of Champaign on ice with glasses is being setup. The opening segment will contain Edge and La Familia.
* La Familia is in the ring. Vickie is getting lots of heat. She introduces to the crowd, the man “who banished The Undertaker from WWE forever.” Edge makes his way out to the ring.
* Edge dedicates his victory to La Familia. He uses the Jerry McGuire line on Vickie saying she completes him and that not only is he the new champ but he got rid of The Undertaker. He goes on to say he did him a favor by allowing him to leave with dignity and that Taker should thank him. He then makes a “toast” to the “Deadman” saying may he “rest in peace.”
The lights go out teasing a Taker appearance… The lights then come back on and reveal it was all a prank by Edge. Vickie then announces her marriage to Edge for July 11th. Batista’s music hits… He comes out as asks why he wasn’t invited to the party. He goes on to say how he hopes they are happy together and congratulates them… He doesn’t mean it… He challenges Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Vickie says NO. She says for Batista to face Edge for the title he must win in an 8 man tag match but she chooses Batista’s three partners. If Edge wins, no more title shots for Batista ever.
* Finlay b. Chuck Palumbo in a Belfast Brawl via pin fall.
Chuck with an overhead suplex on Finlay outside the ring. Chuck removes a turnbuckle pad and goes for his chain… He gets a low blow from Hornswoggle. Finlay takes the chain and nails Chuck. He pins him for the win.
MVP is shown sitting by himself.
* A Cousin Sal vs. Santino graphic is shown.
* Big Show comes to the ring for a promo. He talks about his new #1 contender status and clips from his Singapore Cane Match at One Night Stand are shown. Mark Henry makes his way out to the ring. He says all Big Show did was get put into a match with sticks to be the #1 contender. He then makes a challende and retreats.
* Backstage is Piper warming up with Cousin Sal. A graphic is shown for tonight’s 8-man tag match.
* The Great Khali b. Deuce ‘n Domino in squash match. He gets a face reaction.
* Backstage is Vickie with the SmackDown divas. She brags about how she has absolute power. She goes on to compare herself to the Fabulous Moolah and says she will crown a new diva champion.
* Cousin Sal b. Santino Marella
– Jimmy Kimell and Roddy Piper are at ringside. Cousin Sal wins with the rollup after Jimmy Kimmel trips Santino.
* The Miz and John Morrison are shown backstage tormenting Hornswoggle. Finlay shows up. Hornswoggle grabs a supersoaker and spays them both.
* Edge pulls Chavo aside and tells him he’s going to be his Uncle Edge and he wants him to best the best man at his wedding.
* A Golden Dream Diva Match with Cherry, Maryse, Natalya, Victoria, Layle El, and Michelle McCool is up next. The winner advances to Night Of Champions. Natalya wins.
* Vladimir Kozlov b. Jimmy Wang Yang with a belly-to-belly suplex. After the match Shannon Moore comes out and saves Wang. They walk off together…
* Maria interviews Batista backstage.
* Hawkins, Ryder, Edge, and Chavo are all in the ring for the 8-man tag match. Out comes Batista followed by his partners Nunzio, Funaki, and Colin Delaney.
Batista and his team win after he hits the Batista bomb on Zack Ryder. Edge will defend the World Heavyweight Championship at Night Of Champions.
Vickie comes out and announces a handicap match with her and Edge vs. Batista. Batista hits Edge with a low blow and issues a Batista Bomb. The match is over. Batista then press slams Vickie over the top rope and onto the rest of La Familia. They escape to the back. Batista hangs out at ringside with fans after the show.
Exclusive Details On Undertaker’s Future + New WWE Draft *SPOILERS* Including A Major Move >>